Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What happens in Vegas.......

doesn't ALWAYS stay in Vegas! I know because I spent last week in Vegas and I am about to tell you about it. However, it will be far less interesting than you would think!



It was my first visit to Las Vegas and what I immediately noticed was that as soon as you exited the plane, slot machines were EVERYWHERE! It was as if those coming TO Vegas couldn't wait until they reached their hotel/resort to play the slots and those that were LEAVING Vegas hadn't already lost enough money! Of course, there may be a small percentage of people who are just on a layover to another destination, so they would be the exception to the rule.



My husband was in Las Vegas for a business conference, so I spent a good portion of my time at our resort which had a 16 stadium theater and a bowling alley to add to their many gambling devices (I lost $10 and called it quits). It also had 7 pools from which I could choose and a shuttle to the mall. I wasn't bored, but I definitely desired to see the "night life". So, we walked the "strip" on Thursday night which was interesting in itself. On Friday night, we saw "O" at the Bellagio. And, well, I was in awe the whole time. After our show, we walked the strip again, stopping to eat at the Harley Davidson Cafe. I had one of the best hamburgers I have ever had!



And here is one of the things that bothered me the most about Las Vegas. Everywhere we went, they served Pepsi products. Okay, I am not ANTI-Pepsi. In fact, my preference is Diet Dr. Pepper (which was no where to be found). In the absence of Diet Dr. Pepper, I am a Diet Coke kinda gal. But, I can suffer through one week of Pepsi products. It isn't the worst thing in the world. However, while browsing the strip, this is what I saw:



It isn't a great picture, but it is a HUGE Coca-Cola botttle on the strip where there is a Coca-Cola store! Now, I ask you, if they don't SERVE Coke products in Las Vegas, who buys Coke themed merchandise??? I didn't even go in the store!


I did buy me a nice pair of western boots from The Boot Star, which is located in The Fashion Show Mall. I haven't had a pair of western boots in several years, but I have been wanting some and well, these spoke to me, so I had to buy them. They are handmade by Old Gringo, which is worn by many of today's stars (at least that is what they claim, but since I don't know any stars, I can't confirm that!).


People keep asking me if I would go back. The answer is - maybe. Only to see more shows. I am not interested in gambling. Of course, there are a million other people who are, so they won't miss me and my Ten Dollars! I don't think the recession has hit Las Vegas!

I told you this wouldn't be of heart-stopping interest. But this is a brief look at what happened while I was in Vegas! As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts! Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the run down - I've always wanted to go and I may would go all out and gamble $20. Share more pics if you have them!
    Buttercup

    ReplyDelete