Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Inquiring minds want to know!!

Okay, so this is just one of those random posts about things bobbing around in my head. If it happens to be you that I end up making fun of, start your own blog and make fun of me! Some of these things I just can't keep inside any longer!!!

  • Why is it that we can put a man on the moon, but no one has invented a drop for dilating your eyes that lasts only 15 minutes instead of all day!!! See I had my eyes examined this morning at 8:30 and until 3:30, I still couldn't see!!

  • WHO decided that this should be in style???? I don't even know what to say about these. But you can bet that if I have seen you wearing them, I made some smart allecky comment!


  • Or this? I know that when I am expecting it to be a cold and blistery day, I pair up my favorite T-shirt with a nice scarf to keep me warm from the 90 degree weather!!!! Really, people?? Please!

  • I have 600 songs on my iPhone. However, while listening to it in shuffle mode, it never plays any that I actually like!

  • Until recently, I had never heard of anyone having an aversion to white foods (mayonnaise, sour cream, ranch dressing, etc.) Could this stem from a fear of ghost? They are white, too! Really, someone tell me, why do people have an aversion just because it is "white"?

  • Why do doctors address me by my first name, yet I call them Dr. _________ (fill in the name)? Not that I want to be called Mrs. Randall, but does that mean he respects me less or I respect him/her more??

  • On another fashion note - just because you can get it on your body DOES NOT MEAN IT FITS!!!

  • Some of the teachers at our school have been known not to send home math homework because we parents "don't go through the right process". We arrive at the same answer, our technique is wrong!! Okay, then. I have no idea how I have made it this far in life!

  • I have 9 tattoos. Still, the most asked question - "Do they hurt?". Hmmm. Well, I don't know about you, but tiny needles pulsing 100 mph into your skin, you figure it out. The question should really be "Are you a wimp?".

  • Why is it that I have to drag my children out of bed on school days, yet on Saturday and Sunday (or any other non-school day) they are awake before the rooster??
  • I have learned from my 8-year-old son that you can insult anyone you want as long as you say this phrase afterwards - "No offense!". Example: "Mom, that shirt sure is ugly! No offense!". Really, son? You just can't say "No offense" and all is good again!
  • My two children once had a conversation about why some children are heavier than others even though they are the same age as my children. My daughter explained it away by saying that she thinks heavy mothers have heavy babies. My son said that couldn't possibly be true because "we are skinny and look at Mom!" hmmmm (Note: I have lost 40 lbs. since February!)

Okay, I guess I am done rambling. This post isn't worth much. Just some things dribbling in my head! Feel free to laugh out loud and/or post a comment! Until next time....








2 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! Especially the "no offense" one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog cracks me up. I love it and I'm so glad you started posting these 'random' thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete