Monday, August 17, 2009

I am weird! Are you?

Well, really, what is normal anyway? I find myself saying "she/he isn't normal!". But neither am I, really.

I always thought I grew up in a "normal" family! HA! Rude awakening! Of course, normal to me might be crazy to you and vice verse. I grew up with two parents and two siblings. I am a middle child (that in itself makes me "weird" but it isn't my fault where my birth order is! Thanks, Mom!). If you know me, and you are just now finding out that I am a middle child, I am sure you just had an "ah ha" moment. I think having odd numbers of children should be against the law! It just should! Of course, my husband grew up in a home with two parents and just one sibling and they probably thought they were "normal" too! But, sister, they ain't! (And I AM an expert on what "normal" is!) My sister-in-law (husband's sister) is my best friend, so I am thankful that she exists, but how she made it in her house, I will never know! And rest assured, my husband and his family know that I think they are weird! (Have you gotten the impression that I don't hold back much?)

Anyway.....I said I was weird. And I will tell you why. I won't wear dirty tennis shoes. I just won't. I don't know why, but if they get to the point where you can tell they have been worn, they have to go! Good thing I don't wear them that often! Another thing, I won't mix athletic brands. Example....I will not wear Nike socks with New Balance tennis shoes. I won't wear Under Armour clothes with Nike shoes, etc. Like today, I could have been a walking advertisement for Under Armour. EVERYTHING I had on today clothing-wise was Under Armour. When I say EVERYTHING - I mean EVERYTHING! It has gotten worse lately because I have taken up exercising almost every day, so I had to purchase more "athletic" clothes. It is a sickness, I tell you!

I could go on with more, but really, it is just all downhill from here! I guess, if we admit it, we are all weird in our own way. Who is to say what normal is anyway?

As always, I'd love to hear from you! Until next time......

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy reading your blog! I have to admit I agree with alot of what you have to say. I guess the difference is you will actually say when I just think it! I LOVE your playlist...I like a variety of music also. Thanks for sharing, can't wait for the next installation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, KC and I are DEFINITELY weird. I grew up in a house with 2 parents and four girls, and I am #4! The more people I meet, the more I think MY family may not be "Normal".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I could write a book about my weird, disfunctional family. I had 2 parents and 3 siblings. I'm the baby and the next one is 7 years older than me. And believe me we are each our own in the midst of a lesbian, crack head, and spoiled brat..... and then there's me. Enough said...
    Thanks for sharing!! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete