Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Does music MOVE you?

I am not asking if you can dance! If you can, that is great and I am jealous of you! However, I want to know if music is a part of your life that if it were missing, you would be unhappy.

I love all kinds of music. There is a sampling of music on my blog and if you have visited more than once, you have probably noticed that the music I choose to play is totally random and can be anything from Contemporary Christian to Pop music by Michael Jackson. When people ask me what kind of music I like, I respond by saying that I am an Equal Opportunity Music Person.

Certain songs bring out certain emotions for me, too. Like when we sing To God Be The Glory in church (or if I hear it on the radio). We sang that song at my Dad's funeral and I am sure that is why it chokes me up. It moves me so much, that I can't really sing along or I will end up crying all over the place. When I hear it, I just remember how thankful my family was knowing that my father had died a Christian and is now in a perfect body with Christ in Heaven. And on the day of his funeral, even though we were mourning, we gave God the Glory for loving us enough to die on the cross so that we all could live eternally in His kingdom - if only we ask!

Then there is the song Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts. I love that song because it is a great love story. But when I hear it, I think of my friend Beau Courtney who died of cancer in December of 2005. He and his wife Charlotte renewed their wedding vows in November before Beau died and their daughter (who was 8 at the time) sang the song at the ceremony. Beau had battled cancer for a few years and I remember him saying that it was just the journey God had chosen for him. Beau was never bitter about having cancer. He said one time that God was using him and the fact that he had cancer to show others about God's perfect love for us. Beau was a wonderful person. He had a great sense of humor, would help anyone out who needed it and didn't meet a stranger. I think the world is less without Beau, but Heaven sure is nicer now. You see, Beau also sits there, in a perfect, pain-free body, because he asked Christ into his life!

I love the song by Big & Rich - Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy! Well, this is just a fun song. It has a good beat and the words are just fun to say. I remember a few years ago a couple on Dancing with the Stars won the season dancing to this song. Now, I don't remember the names of the couple but I remember watching them dance and thinking to myself how much fun it would be if I had the courage - and the talent - to dance like that! They had so much fun and were smiling and laughing when it was over. I know they worked their butts off (literally) - and it was fun to watch! One day.....

This post could go on forever, but I don't have that long tonight! I am interested in hearing about songs that you love. And if they make you move - as in dance - that is okay, too! I attempt to "move" when I am in the privacy of my own home, however, the dogs look at me like I am about to keel over, so I proceed with caution!

Love to hear from you! Until next time......

1 comment:

  1. Right now, I'm loving "I Run To You" by Lady Antebellum
    http://www.pandora.com/music/song/lady+antebellum/i+run+to+you#lyrics
    It really makes me move and God is really working in my life right now and I think he's talking to me when I hear it!! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete