Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January Lows...

I am not talking about the temperature, either. I am talking about my mood! You know the one. The staying in your PJs, watching TV movies all day, and not answering the phone mood! Only, for me, it has lasted WAY more than a day! The whole month has been dictated by this mood! Good thing the month is almost gone!

The thing that bothers me is that I don't know WHY I am in this mood. Could it be the crashing of 8 weeks worth of holiday madness?? I love Christmas! I love the music, the shopping, the crowds, the parties, the decorations - the fact that we are celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior! I hate that we only celebrate it for such a short time! Could it be the fact that is has been cold, dreary and rainy here more than the sun has shone? Could it be that my children turn another year older on January 2nd and that in itself is enough to depress me for life! They grow up so fast!

Most people see January as a time of renewal! A time to start fresh! Set goals! Good thing I am not a New Year Resolution kind of person. I think I must have some Chinese in me. Their New Year is February 14th this year. That is more my speed. I might be able to muster up some energy by then and set some goals! Better yet, I am all for a Spring New Year. When the weather starts to warm and the new leaves form, grass gets green, flowers bloom - now THAT is a great time for resolutions!

I have friends who are also experiencing their January Lows. We call in a Funk. I would say we could all band together and start a movement for Joyful January, but I have enough on my plate and I have already said I can't seem to get out of my PJs!!

I guess everyone experiences something like this at some point, don't they? Do you? Is it in January? Is in some other time? Do you know what causes it? Well, speak up! Let me hear from you! I am always interested in your thoughts! Drop me a line.

Until next time....

4 comments:

  1. I so understand where you are coming from!! I swear it is from a lack of sunshine!! I purchased some vitamin D supplements and I just started taking them! I will let you know if I spontaneously start cleaning house and jogging again!! Ha Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci,

    If you start spontaneously cleaning - come see me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl...it's like you just took the words right out of my mouth and typed them out!! I hate it!!! I always seem to do this too, but this year has been much worse! But I just have to force myself to get up and get going, even though I surely don't feel like it. And I know it won't last forever!!! Hey, why don't you come over and scrapbook with me....that should help, right??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie Q,

    I am going to a retreat in 3 weeks and I am very excited! However, the thought of packing up my stuff is exhausting - which puts me right back where I started! It's a vicious cycle I tell you! A conspiracy of some sort!!

    ReplyDelete